Our student chefs apply their knowledge and passion for culinary arts by creating restaurant quality dishes to-order from the freshest ingredients. All menu items are prepared under the supervision of our professional chef instructors.
The menu entails:
- Soups, prepared using fresh ingredients
- Salads, served with a house dressing
- Entrées, accompanied with a vegetable and starch of the day
- Sandwiches, accompanied with either homemade potato chips, fries, coleslaw, macaroni salad or a pickle
- - Desserts (cheesecake is a favorite of the students)
Wilbur Cross High School culinary students came in first place in the ProStart Culinary Competition, which judged the schools in different categories ranging from knife skills to the production of a three course meal to clean-up. The students competed for $100,000 in scholarship money to post-secondary culinary institutions.